FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fields shift when sequence is placed in another sequence

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Kiggen
Fields shift when sequence is placed in another sequence
on Aug 6, 2011 at 4:59:05 pm

I've been editing footage that used to be 1080i PAL but was converted to 1080p PAL. In all of the aequences, the footage looks great and Final Cut indicates that it's all progressive. It does automatically add the shift fields filter on occasion.

Now I've placed all my sequences in one big sequence, and two of the scenes show clear interlacing. The sequences as well as the footage are set on progressive, and the field dominance is Upper (odd) for all sequences.

I've tried deleting the sequences and re-adding them to the long sequence in different ways but the result is constantly thesame.

How do I remove the luxaflex pattern from the sequence of sequences?

Question only that which could be true

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Fields shift when sequence is placed in another sequence
on Aug 6, 2011 at 5:59:13 pm

Everything is progressive yet you have a field dominace of Upper? If it's progressive then it's progressive. There is no field dominance if there's no fields. Then again, there's no way of seeing interlacing if Terence arent any fields either. Something's fishy.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 7, 2011 at 11:32:05 pm

How was it 'converted' from i to p? In 25 fps land all broadcast codecs are upper field except for DV so the only way a FCP sequence will add shift fields automatically is of you are pasting material into a DV timeline. Is that what you are doing?

Bear in mind that DV is an interlaced standard def codec so you can't really have a progressive DV sequence. It will interlace your footage regardless of what you did to convert it previously.

Return to posts index

Daniel Kiggen
on Aug 10, 2011 at 11:13:59 am

I know something's fishy, that's why I'm here. I tried adding the shift fields filter myself, but it doesn't do anything for the footage in the original sequence. I might try exporting the footage again to see if the problem goes away.

By the way, does Final Cut have a fishy-removal plug-in?

Question only that which could be true

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]