FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon XHA1S - 24p Capture Settings Problem - FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Rondinelli
Canon XHA1S - 24p Capture Settings Problem - FCP7
on Aug 6, 2011 at 12:32:36 am

If this question has been asked, I could not find a solution that worked for me.

Here is the situation. I have footage shot on my Canon XHA1S in 24p. I capture it through a FireWire 400 (older iMac). When I take into FCP, it is captured as one long clip, as opposed to how it should be. From my understanding, it's something with my capture settings. However, everything I have tried has not given me any results. What am I missing?

Return to posts index

David Foster
Re: Canon XHA1S - 24p Capture Settings Problem - FCP7
on Aug 7, 2011 at 6:52:45 am

I own this camera, and can hopefully help you. What do you mean by 'capture as it should be'?

Dave

Return to posts index

Craig Rondinelli
on Aug 7, 2011 at 7:08:30 am

It is capturing as one long clip, as opposed to splitting them.

When I first got it and was messing around with 60i and 30p, I had no issues. But could it be some sort of timecode issue? I'll admit I don't know the workings of the camcorder inside and out, so it could really be something simple.

It just gets a little tedious when I have 50-60 shots I have to go through and set the in/out, name, etc.

Return to posts index

David Foster
on Aug 7, 2011 at 8:34:23 am

The first thing I would check is under the User Preferences menu, make sure the 'on timecode break' that you have create new clip selected. Also, make sure the camera is not set to downconvert output. This could explain why FCP is not seeing your breaks

Dave

Return to posts index

Craig Rondinelli
on Aug 7, 2011 at 5:25:23 pm

The FCP setting was fine when I checked it.
I do believe the camcorder is fine, but I want to make sure I am looking at the right setting. Is it under Menu > Signal Setup?

Return to posts index

David Foster
on Aug 8, 2011 at 11:56:46 pm

Okay, I've been looking at your post for a while, so I starting over with my questions;

When you play the tape in the xha1, what does the camera's viewfinder/display say? Does it say hdv or dv?

You mention 'bringing it in' to Final Cut. Did you not use Final Cut to capture the tape?

Did you stop or pause the camera after each take? Or did you perform multiple takes and let the tape run?

Dave

Return to posts index

Craig Rondinelli
on Aug 10, 2011 at 11:58:58 pm

It is lit up on HDV, recording at 1080i.

My mistake in terms used before, I strictly use FCP to capture the footage.

I hit record to start and to stop. Tear down and set up for the next shot. I just don't understand what could be causing it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]