Is there a way of setting automator to export a quicktime movie file and then import it into compressor where the file would be encoded into a custom mp4 preset?
(note: sending the fcp sequence straight to compressor from fcp takes about 3 times longer to encode than exporting a reference file and using that to encode with which is why I am doing this way)
My process is below:
Before starting automator, create a root folder on the workdrive called “web files”
Then within this folder create a folder called ”Reference” and a folder called “web uploads”
1. Make sure final cut is open with a finished sequence. Add in and out points to the correct places in the sequence.
2. Compressor needs to be opened and a root drive created on the destinations window. This being the folder named “web uploads”
3. Close compressor.
1. Bring up FCP and make sure the sequence is selected.
2. Go – File – export – quicktime movie
3. Name the file “RENAME_WEB_NUMBER”
4. Make sure the file is not sent to ‘make self contained’
5. Locate folder named “reference” and click save.
6. Launch compressor
7. Open finder and navigate to reference folder and drag and drop reference file that has just been made in FCP to the compressor window.
8. Drag and drop the mp4 custom setup to the file
9. Drag and drop the destination root 'web uploads' to the file
10. Hit submit, and the action is complete.
11. Once complete navigate to the “Rename_web_number” reference file and delete it so that there is not a conflict when another reference file is created during the same process.
12. Finish automator.
Does anyone see any problem with this process. My only issue is that the reference file that is deleted at the end should only be deleted after so it doesn't stop the encoding process. Would this happen?