FORUMS: list search recent posts

Broadcast Safe

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sisanda Msimango
Broadcast Safe
on Aug 4, 2011 at 12:36:21 pm

Hi all

I need to make my images broadcast safe - there were a few hot spots on our actors' heads where the light was set too bright. I know that a yellow exclamation mark indicates that either the luminance or chroma is a problem, but how do I know which is the problem? And how do I fix it?

Any help appreciated!

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
Re: Broadcast Safe
on Aug 4, 2011 at 1:48:59 pm

You can either apply a 3-way color corrector filter and manually reduce the highlight and chroma levels, or you can apply a broadcast safe filter. Some have found that the broadcast safe filter is unreliable and may not always produce broadcast-safe levels. It's probably safer to do it manually. Levels often change after rendering, so after applying the CC filter and corrections, render and re-check levels.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Broadcast Safe
on Aug 4, 2011 at 3:09:54 pm

Specifically, double-click your video track to highlight and select it, then go to filters?Video filters> Color correction and there you'll find the broadcast safe and the 3-way, perhaps more, depending on the plug-ins you've added.
You should make visible your waveform and vector scope display when you do this, so you get a better idea where the hotspots and such are.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]