FORUMS: list search recent posts

final cut pro 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
charles walker
final cut pro 7
on Aug 4, 2011 at 8:04:24 am

My imac with 3.33 ghz intel core 2 duo & 16gb ram was working perfectly with snow leopard & all of its updates. Every application performed flawlessly without a hitch & never bombed out. I decided to upgrade to lion the day it was released. Because Apple has a solid reputation I thought it would be a "standard operating procedure" once lion was loaded. HOWEVER, since I have upgraded, my life has been a living nightmare with applications not working properly - or bombing (quitting) in the middle of a procedure. In Imovie 11, overlaying titles is no longer possible. IDVD will not load certain/most themes (the opening screen is totally black & will not show the selected theme). Now comes the most important; final cut pro 7 operated without problems for the first week, after loading lion. Now, FCP7 quits in the middle of a rendering procedure. I have tried everything including reloading FCP. Any new procedure will quit during rendering. What makes this really strange, call up an old FCP session & it renders fine -within that particular session. Try the new session (after calling up old), & it quit again. I also reloaded ilife 11 again & it has not cured the above problems. Does anyone have a viable explanation for what is happening??? One more piece of information. Motion also stopped working with "console" indicating an offending Boris Continuum file. I luckily found the file, deleted it & Motion now works fine. All of this happened after upgrading to Lion!!!

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: final cut pro 7
on Aug 4, 2011 at 4:40:12 pm

Oh, there's probably any number of reasons. Some apps don't run in Lion possibly and your best fix is to rebuild your startup disk. If you install Lion, you can do so cleanly, and upgrade/date your software so it runs right, etc.

But I'd perform a clean install of Snow Leopard and go back if you don't want to upgrade/update or whatever. Next time you want to upgrade anything, I'd post a question about it here first. You'll have to reinstall your software from the install disks, and you'll have to back up your documents and all you want to save in order to restore your data. Or buy another disk to use instead.

I've not run FCP 7 in Lion much. But haven't heard it's not running OK either. Most third party stuff is updating right along if you have that sort of gear. (like AJA, Matrox, CalDigit etc. I'm running it in Snow Leopard for the moment, with a dual boot system which can boot into Lion. I'm running FCP X there.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]