FORUMS: list search recent posts

Corrupted File Project or ??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Lyons
Corrupted File Project or ??
on Aug 4, 2011 at 1:04:47 am

Hello creative cow community, I have this project file which is about 40 MB big. Takes hella long to open, which I assumed was from all the effects in this one sequence which is about 35 mins long. I have tried several things in troubleshooting this problem, using threads from this great forum. I deleted the longer sequence which is effects heavy and the file is still slow to open. I tried deleting all bins and everything from a copy of this project saved it and its still like 30 MBS big, with NOTHING at all in the bins, no files whatsoever. Any Idea what may be causing this?? Ive tried opening the project without the hardive connected and still the same result. Ive tried dragging one smaller sequence to a brand new project and it freezes. Ive renamed the project, trashed preferences. Ive tried copying all that was in the timeline and copying to a new sequence in a new prject and it locks up. Also I have tried on the new Quad Core Mac Pro we just got and it still takes about 15 min to open. The project does open and we are able to work on it, but I cant seem to find out what is corrupted in this project file. And the fact I cant drag a sequence to a new project is really killing it. My other projects fine with no problem.
I have been using a Mac Pro with 16 MB Memory and a newly acquired Mac Pro Quad COre with 10 GB of memory. This one particular project is just slow to open on both machines. Any Ideads??

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: Corrupted File Project or ??
on Aug 4, 2011 at 9:18:56 am

What I've done in a similar situation is create a new project, copy/paste my sequences into the new project then work in the new project, and that has usually worked.

I did have a project a couple of years ago where some media had become corrupted and playing it either as rushes or cut into a sequence crashed FCP: the cure was by identifying those files, trashing them and re-ingesting them. That wouldn't account for a big project file size, but it might account for a sequence freezing when you copy it into a new project.

I would also delete all renders as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved