FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple Color renamed files and now XML won't sync up with footage. Is there a workaround?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Pierre
Apple Color renamed files and now XML won't sync up with footage. Is there a workaround?
on Aug 3, 2011 at 8:46:45 pm

I did things backwards I'm sure.
I've got a finished cut in FCP. The finished cut has gone back and forth between FCP and Color several times. As a result all of the clips were renamed in Color (original clip names don't match)... so when I export an XML and attempt to reconnect that XML with the original uncolored files FCP can't find files or hangs at 48% ?
Is there a workaround?
Help !!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Apple Color renamed files and now XML won't sync up with footage. Is there a workaround?
on Aug 3, 2011 at 9:26:15 pm

I'm confused at to what you are trying to do. Did you delete the original sequence, that is, the one you first sent to Color? That should be what you want.

Return to posts index

Michael Pierre
Re: Apple Color renamed files and now XML won't sync up with footage. Is there a workaround?
on Aug 3, 2011 at 9:32:45 pm

essentially, after color I then started to recut based on the new colored sequence because I couldn't stand to look at the ungraded material. I know. Really stupid mistake... I'm not an editor.
trying to dig myself out of this one.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 3, 2011 at 9:37:20 pm

You are going to have to force reconnect by turning off the option to "match by name" and then point FCP to the original file.

Return to posts index

Michael Pierre
on Aug 3, 2011 at 9:44:08 pm

I tried that and at first FCP progress bar looks good and then stops at 48%. I've tried several times and waited at least ten minutes. Is it supposed to take that long?
thank you !

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 3, 2011 at 9:50:08 pm

[Michael Pierre] "I've tried several times and waited at least ten minutes. Is it supposed to take that long?"

Open the Activity Monitor app, is FCP "not responding"?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]