FORUMS: list search recent posts

Markers on audio tracks

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Nicastro
Markers on audio tracks
on Aug 3, 2011 at 8:34:07 pm

When I place markers on my audio tracks with names and comments, the boxes do not show up in the canvas window (or anywhere else for that matter). The boxes show up for the markers on video clips and markers on the timeline, but not the audio markers. I can't place the markers on my timeline because I'll be moving audio clips around. Is this supposed to happen or is there a way to fix this?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Markers on audio tracks
on Aug 3, 2011 at 9:39:33 pm

This is the way it is. Avid locators do what you want, but Markers in FCP do not. Markers on clips on the timeline do not show up in the Canvas.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Celia Beasley
Re: Markers on audio tracks
on Apr 26, 2012 at 11:32:42 pm

I know this is an old post, but I was in this same situation and found a workaround.
I too had an audio (only) clip in the timeline that I added markers to, but then was unable to see the info on the marker. Frustrating.
My solution: I opened the clip in the browser, used my 'go to next marker' keyboard shortcut to land on a marker, THEN used my 'add marker' keyboard shortcut to pull up the 'edit marker' window and voila! There was my info. It wasn't displayed in the little box like it is in a video clip, but at least my info wasn't gone forever.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]