FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 Voice Over tool = Spinning ball of death

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Phillips
FCP 7 Voice Over tool = Spinning ball of death
on Aug 1, 2011 at 9:52:32 pm

Hi,

Using FCP 7 to record a Voice Over except when I select the VO tool FCP just locks up with the ball of death.

I use the VO tool quite regularly and have never encountered this problem before. The only difference in my laptop is that I updated to Lion. Has anyone else encountered the same problem and that know a way around it.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Mac Book Pro
Mac OS X 10.7
2.53 GHz
4 GB Memory

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: FCP 7 Voice Over tool = Spinning ball of death
on Aug 1, 2011 at 11:03:29 pm

[Adam Phillips] "The only difference in my laptop is that I updated to Lion. Has anyone else encountered the same problem and that know a way around it."

Changing an OS is fairly major and none of the wise heads here recommends any sort of major system changes without first making a clone of your system drive. If you did that you have a way back. If not then you have at least warned others of something that Lion has likely broken.

Lion has a lot of major changes under the hood, most of those have nothing to do with FCP 7 which for Apple is now legacy software and will not be supported by any bug fixes or upgrades. Apart from Repairing permissions and trashing preferences, there is not a lot to advise apart from rolling back to your previous working system from your clone.

Return to posts index

Tim Newton
on Sep 3, 2011 at 12:55:33 pm

Yes - same thing for me - updated to Lion and same error everytime. Is there a fix?

Return to posts index

Julian Clode
on Nov 11, 2011 at 8:17:58 pm

We are currently in the middle of an extensive roll out of FCP7 on Lion. There have been a lot of reports about the Voice Over Tool crashing. We have found this seems to relate to the audio being set to 48Khz. If you change it to record 44Khz the VO tool becomes stable.

Return to posts index

Kerry Bell
on Dec 25, 2011 at 6:00:41 pm

My work around for
using the VO with FCP7 in Lion:
1. close all sequences
2. open VO tool
3. be sure it is set for 44100

good to go.

Bell Video Productions
San Diego, CA