FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frame rate

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonas Molina
Frame rate
on Aug 1, 2011 at 10:43:14 am

Hi, does anyone know how to export material I have in 30fps to 23,98 fps? I've done it in Mpeg stream clip but when I then import it to the time line in FCP where I have my project, I still get the "jumping" every second.

the time line has 23,98fps and I have footage that's 30 fps that I'd like to export so that it doesn't "jump" every second. I had a look in compressor as well but couldn't find any settings so that I can decide what frame rate I want.

Return to posts index

adam taylor
Re: Frame rate
on Aug 1, 2011 at 11:40:50 am

you can do a conversion in After Effects (if you have it.)
From memory the process is -
In your AE project you select the video, then use Interpret Footage command. Choose the option to conform to your required new time base, then hit the button to guess 3.2 pulldown. Then create a new sequence, drop the video in and send it to your render queue. Set the format you need and render.

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK
My YouTube Animations Page

Return to posts index

Joshua Kerr
on Aug 1, 2011 at 1:19:56 pm

Hi Jonas

I usually use Cinema Tools that comes with Final Cut Studio to reconcile my frame rates. But also in Final Cut I think the way to do it is go to the sequence settings bu pressing 'cmd 0' and setting the timeline frame-rate in there.

Click to view my video production company or visit our company facebook page.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 1, 2011 at 4:34:17 pm

Converting 30fps to 23.98 fps isn't that simple. And Cinema Tools will only do it right if the footage was 24fps to begin with, telecined to 29.97.

No, you either have to use After Effects, or Compressor. In Compressor, turn all the frame controls in the INSPECTOR to BEST. And wait a LONG TIME...depending on how much footage you have, this can be hours, or days.

Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Kent Beeson
on Aug 1, 2011 at 6:12:23 pm

If the raw footage was shot at 720p 59.94 can I take that in cinema tools and convert to 23.98 no problem?

Return to posts index

Jonas Molina
on Aug 4, 2011 at 2:44:48 pm

I have exported the files in Mpeg stream clip and if I click "frame blending" it doesn't jump but then the footage looks a bit blurry.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved