FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio exporting issues out of Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryce McLellan
Audio exporting issues out of Final Cut Pro
on Aug 1, 2011 at 2:42:36 am

Hi,

I'm having an issue that probably has a very basic solution that I just can't see, but any help would be great.

I've been having problems with the audio of footage that I've ingested, it ingests through L&T as individual clips with individual mono tracks and I put them all in a timeline so I get one long .mov per shoot.

However, when I export it out I always get audio tracks that are mixed. I've tried changing the sequence settings to discrete channels and changing the outputs to dual mono, but still I get mixes.

It happens with basically all the footage we use, but if it helps we're most commonly using P2 cameras that ingest with 4 audio tracks.

Thanks,
Bryce.

Return to posts index

Michael Gossen
Re: Audio exporting issues out of Final Cut Pro
on Aug 2, 2011 at 8:59:28 pm

So you want to export QT's with 4-channel mono audio? First, you can change you the discreet channels setting back to channel grouped. Probably better is to re-load your sequence preset, so you know you are starting off correct...

There should be 2 steps to this: First is to set the "Audio Outputs" in "Sequence Settings" to the desired config. You would want to set the outputs to 4 and then switch both of the "Grouping" to "Dual Mono". It sounds like you had this part correct.

Then you have to assign the tracks in the actual sequence by right-clicking on the track (I use the lock as a good place to click) and select the appropriate channel where you want it to output.

You should then have a multi-track audio QT file...

Hope that is what you are looking for.

Best,

Michael Gossen
Helium Digital Media

Return to posts index

Bryce McLellan
Re: Audio exporting issues out of Final Cut Pro
on Aug 3, 2011 at 1:23:20 am

Thanks Michael,

That really helps, especially the pix!

Thanks for the effort you put into the answer.

Cheers,
Bryce.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]