FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 crashes when working pro res 422 in sequence after Lion update

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dave craig
FCP 7 crashes when working pro res 422 in sequence after Lion update
on Jul 29, 2011 at 7:06:27 pm

Everything has been working fine, until I installed Lion yesterday and now when I open FCP 7 and open a sequence, if it has a prores 422 clip in it, it will quit. I have also tried starting a new project then adding the prores clip to it and as soon as I click in the viewer FCP quits. I also just noticed that I can't view the prores clips in the finder with quickview, but they will open with quicktime. I have tried a few other codecs like photo- jpeg, animation, and H.264 and they will work in the timeline.

I also have FCPX and the prores clips work fine.

Have there been any issues? I can't find any online

I'm on an iMac 2.93 I7 with 16 gigs of ram and a 2tb drive that is 75% empty

my FCP is 7.0.3

Return to posts index

Neal Broffman
Re: FCP 7 crashes when working pro res 422 in sequence after Lion update
on Jul 29, 2011 at 8:01:18 pm

You updated the OS and added FCPX on the same system? i would suggest you restore to the previous OS from the back-up you made and remove FCPX from it as well. Of course do a little more research but from what I have read here and elsewhere while Apple states one can have both FCP 7 and FCPX on the same system actual users have complained of instability. You should probably keep the two FCPs away from each other. A search on this forum should yield more detailed information.

Neal Broffman
One Production Place, Atlanta, GA
http://www.oneproductionplace.com
Latest short: "Line of Sight"
http://deyoung.famsf.org/deyoung/exhibitions/marco-breuer-line-sight
Produced for the deYoung Museum in San Francisco

Return to posts index

dave craig
Re: FCP 7 crashes when working pro res 422 in sequence after Lion update
on Jul 29, 2011 at 8:10:04 pm

Thanks Neal, Yes FCPX and OSX.7, But I have had FCPX since its release and it has coexsisted with FCP7 just fine. I was holding off doing the restore in hopes that someone had an answer but it looks like I will have to bite the bullet.
Thanks again
Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]