FORUMS: list search recent posts

Want to keep HDCam 29.97psf uprezes as progressive in sequence with AJA Kona LHi

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Coleman
Want to keep HDCam 29.97psf uprezes as progressive in sequence with AJA Kona LHi
on Jul 29, 2011 at 5:17:07 pm

FCP 7
Kona LHi
HDW-F500

I've finished my offline in SD anamorphic and now am trying to uprez my sequence to HD. I've media managed to a 1080i sequence preset. But when I capture the 29.97psf material it seems Kona will only capture it as interlaced, upper field dominant. But my sequence I've changed to progressive, none dominant. I can change all the clips in the bin to none dominant after they've been captured, but that doesn't change the field dominance of the clips already in the timeline. I have to click on each clip in the timeline and select item properties/format/field dominance/none. That's probably doable for a 30 second spot, but not fun for a long format show.
Is there a better way? Should I not make sequence clips independent before I media manage???

OS 10.5.8
3GHz Octo Mac 2007

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Want to keep HDCam 29.97psf uprezes as progressive in sequence with AJA Kona LHi
on Jul 29, 2011 at 8:23:44 pm

To be honest, there isn't much difference between interlaced and PsF, other than the temporal displacement between fields. The reality is that FCP deals with segmented frame exactly the same way it does with interlaced. That is, poorly, but it doesn't matter much since you can get away with dominance issues more easily in "progressive" when its segmented.

jPo

You mean "Old Ben"? Ben Kenobi?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]