FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve + FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Tinworth
Resolve + FCP
on Jul 27, 2011 at 7:45:31 pm

Has anybody downloaded Resolve Lite and installed it on their macpro alongside FCP7?

If so, what's your graphic card setup and how is performance?

My ATIX1900 doesn't support OpenGL, so I can't get Resolve Lite to run.

So I'm considering picking up a couple of graphics cards.

More questions:

Does anyone know if you can expect realtime playback in a macpro with Resolve and FCP installed?

I understand Motion4 prefers ATI cards. If that is installed as the GUI card is that going to impact Resolve performance at all?

Is the Quadro 4000 or even 4800 going to deliver significantly better performance?

My macpro is a 2x3Ghz Dual-Core Xeon. Resolve manual specifies QuadCore macpro. Can Resolve run on my system?

Rob Tinworth

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Resolve + FCP
on Jul 29, 2011 at 8:30:51 pm

[Rob Tinworth] "Resolve manual specifies QuadCore macpro. Can Resolve run on my system?"

Generally speaking, they mean it when they say it, but sometimes things do run in spite of our best efforts.

Lite will probably run if you can find a card that they like -- 5770 or better from ATI, and GT120, 285, FX4000, 4800 from nVidia -- can't go wrong with what's recommended. This version is limited to two nodes, no Noise Reduction, and speed is completely subject to your system. Resolve has nothing to do with FCP performance, it is all about CUDA cores.

You mean "Old Ben"? Ben Kenobi?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved