FORUMS: list search recent posts

Would like to purchase Final Cut 7 / Final Cut Studio 3

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tony anderson
Would like to purchase Final Cut 7 / Final Cut Studio 3
on Jul 26, 2011 at 3:43:04 am

I have been working on Final Cut 6.0.6 and recently attended some training that of course used Final Cut 7. I was hoping to upgrade from Final Cut Studio 2 to Studio 3 (Final Cut 7)which included the other components and their most recent versions Soundtrack, motion, color, DVD studio pro etc. I know when I looked into it a few years back there was an upgrade for all for about $300.00. Can't find that anywhere only the higher priced full version for anywhere from 1200.00 to 1600.00. Any suggestions. Of course the Apple Store is no help they want to cram Final Cut X down your throat. Unless X is just so easy to learn w/o any editing experience I would prefer to stay with what I know Somewhat

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Bernard Newnham
Re: Would like to purchase Final Cut 7 / Final Cut Studio 3
on Jul 26, 2011 at 9:42:03 am

They took it off the shelves, and presumably chucked all the discs into the fiery furnace. The only place FCS3 can be found now is in the murkier areas of the internet, or presumably any market stall in many Asian cities.

I love this from the Apple forum next door - "The most difficult times are those when the sun shines right into your face. You don't see any more."

B

bernie

Return to posts index

Lucas Way
on Jul 26, 2011 at 12:48:50 pm

I usually don't advocate piracy but in that case, it's not like Apple have given you much choice.

Pirate FCS3, you paid for FCS2, I'm sure you would have been willing to buy FCS3, it's Apples mistake for taking it off the shelves prematurely to sell their new 'pro' app.

If/when FCPX becomes a more viable option, buy it, secure in the knowledge that you did all you could.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 26, 2011 at 2:03:42 pm

As I predicted, prices for copies on Ebay are moving up. Better hurry.

Return to posts index

Cory Sarzotti
on Feb 23, 2012 at 2:03:24 am

I'm in New Zealand. Its even worse here. I agree. I just bought a used MacBook pro and need to re-install FCP. I was going to be honest and buy it since the one on my lil-white-macbook was from family (I was working for them as an editor and they bought the laptop as a work tool - no hardcore piracy people jump at me). I thought, I'll pay for it and do the right thing.... well i can't. I was going to pay right to apple for it but no...

One more stab at it from a local store then I'm going to have to pirate or try to xfer from old macbook. Might just try swapping hard drive data from old. Its the same generation, might work.

Anyway, props to the 'you did all you could'. Apple needs to shut up and let me give them my money.

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Jul 28, 2011 at 10:47:40 am

Just saw an upgrade for $330 on eBay, with 1day left on the bidding. I picked up a factory sealed Academic version for $350 a couple weeks ago, just to have for one of my machines that still has FCP 6 on it that I wanna update soon. Only difference w/ Academic is that you can't upgrade it, but since there are no more upgrades to FCP 7, I guess that's not an issue is it? Well, you're not supposed to use Academic for paid work but they aren't giving you much choice now, are they?

Return to posts index

Ian Mciver
on Jan 4, 2013 at 8:02:39 pm

I have an unused copy of Final Cut 3 available to sell. Box has been opened but disks not activated.
I came across your site thinking I would install Final Cut 3 on my OS 10 MacBook Pro, but decided not to.
Ian

Return to posts index

Dave Ruiter
on Jan 29, 2013 at 5:32:53 am

IAN,

VERY Interested in discussing purchasing the Final Cut Studio 3 you mentioned.

Thanks,
Dave

davidruiter@ymail.com
(913)704-7941

Return to posts index

Bartek Janus
on Jul 1, 2013 at 1:20:51 pm

Refreshing the topic: Looking for Final Cut Studi/ Final Cut Pro 7 to buy (only new, unused one). Anyone that can help? Shipping to Poland would be requested. Thanks guys.
Bartek

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]