FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio syncing problem...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Verga
Audio syncing problem...
on Jul 25, 2011 at 7:49:09 pm

This is a follow up to the last post I did about using an H264 file to edit it. I was having a problem with dropped frames when I did a dissolve or put up a graphic. The work around I found was to export it to Quicktime with no rendering. OK, problem solved...not quite! Now I notice that the audio is a bit off...at the beginning of what I am editing it's 26 frames off...later in the video it's 2.5 seconds off...so it keeps adding to it the further in it goes! And since I am editing a dance recital I really can't be off by much because people will notice.

I have tried every trick in the book I know, tried exporting to every file format I know, still having the same problem. Can anybody out there please enlighten me how to stop this audio sync issue?

T

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Audio syncing problem...
on Jul 25, 2011 at 10:08:14 pm

Post more about your workflow. You shot with a DSLR? then you transcoded the footage to ProRes? or?

Audio was recorded in camera or?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Tom Verga
Re: Audio syncing problem...
on Jul 25, 2011 at 10:50:38 pm

Hi there Jerry...here's my workflow...

This dance recital was shot by somebody originally on H264 codec. I took his hard drive, and transcoded it to ProRes 244 and edited in that. I noticed that during the dissolve from one cam to another, I was getting dropped frames which is a big problem. The workaround I discovered was to export to Quicktime with no rendering (on the original timeline, everything was fine until I rendered the video, once I did, that's when the frames being dropped became an issue). So then I take the Quicktime file and toss it into a new timeline and I start getting it ready to export into Compressor when I noticed that the audio was a few frames off...actually about 26 frames off. Then later in the same project the audio was off close to 2.5 minutes...so it keeps on adding to the problem the further in we go.

I have tried exporting to Quicktime, H264, ProRess 422, you name it. Same problem. It seems that right now the only way I can fix this is to physically move the audio so it syncs up with the video, which you can imagine is a major pain. I am sure there's a solution to this but I have yet to find it. Any help you (or anybody else) can give me would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

T

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]