FORUMS: list search recent posts

Drop Zone Template Problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Hussein
Drop Zone Template Problems
on Jul 24, 2011 at 9:04:16 pm

Hi there,

So I'm having a few issues with drop zone templates that I create in Motion.

For my line of work I need to use a lot of slow mo for my clips in the drop-zones, and have since discovered that this feature strips your clip of any attributes or filters when placed in. So I clicked 'open in editor' after right clicking the template in the timeline and changed the timing settings in Motion. This works but with a few problems.

When I save and flip back to FCP, the template updates and my clip is the correct speed. The problem is it still cuts out and disappears at the point where the clip would end at normal speed, meaning I lose half the clip and it leaves nothing to even indicate that there's a drop zone there. Is there any way of fixing this problem? I've tried it with numerous formats of footage but all give the same problem.

My other problem is that when i save the template in Motion after editing it from FCP, it over-wrights the original template. Is there a way of avoiding this without making loads of new master templates?

The only way I can think of avoiding this is problem in general is by changing the footage speed in FCP, exporting it and then re-importing it, but this seems a little crude. I hope it's not the only way!

At the end of the day the nature of my projects require me to work as quickly as possible. The templates are perfect for this, but so far these problems are not helping!

Thanks!
Nathan

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Drop Zone Template Problems
on Jul 25, 2011 at 2:43:42 am

I think I'd just export the filtered and sped up clip and reimport that file for the drop zone...

Jerry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]