FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best practices for mastering audio with FCP for web videos ??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Posner
Best practices for mastering audio with FCP for web videos ??
on Jul 22, 2011 at 1:08:38 pm

Hi!

this is my first post here, I've been reading threads for a while and you guys are great. With that said, can someone help me with best practices for mastering audio for a video that I'll be posting on the web? I'm going to have it live on my clients server and have a flash player for viewing. I noticed that my audio levels seem low when played back on the web. I mastered all of my audio to land around -12 with a strong level tipping into the yellow. Is there some tips that I'm missing to make it sound better when exporting? I really noticed the low level because I have to turn up my volume nob about double to get the same level on my video compared to a video playing off youtube. Is this something I should worry about? It sounds great when the nob is turned higher but it just seems like I'm missing something.

I export to current (.mov) and then use squeeze to encode at 128 kbps 44.1.

If anyone has something that could shed some light on this it would be extremely helpful.

THANKS!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Best practices for mastering audio with FCP for web videos ??
on Jul 22, 2011 at 5:06:18 pm

Soundtrack Pro has a handy Normalize feature....

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Rob Posner
Re: Best practices for mastering audio with FCP for web videos ??
on Aug 3, 2011 at 1:29:29 pm

Thank you, thank you. I checked it out, nice options in there. I ended up using an audio filter while encoding with Sorenson Squeeze 6. I had it boost the overall level 50% more so it compensates for the lower level once encoded. It sounds nice. Those filters are really powerful when used tastefully.

Video | Audio | Web

ProInnovation Productions
http://proinnovationproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]