FORUMS: list search recent posts

sequence settings and clip the same but canvas zoomed

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
finbar taub
sequence settings and clip the same but canvas zoomed
on Jul 22, 2011 at 1:55:18 am

So, im not sure how this happened, but after editing some footage i noticed that the canvas was all zoomed in. I checked shift z, and that wasnt it. I then made sure sequence and footage settings were the same. Rendering is suddenly taking too long too. I copied this footage from another timeline and pasted it into a new project, but this has never been a problem before. Ive also tried to mess with the sequence settings, but no matter how i format those, the canvas isnt right - sometimes zoomed in, on other settings sometimes too small, or whatever - but i cant get it back to how it was when i was editing. Just to check, i sent some to compressor and sure enough it made a messed up movie - just like in the canvas. This is many hours of frustrating work for me that i really dont want to redo, so any wisdom would be greatly appreciated. thanks -

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: sequence settings and clip the same but canvas zoomed
on Jul 22, 2011 at 3:39:11 am

The clips have the wrong scaling. It is not the canvas that is zoomed at all. In the motion tab, check the scaling and reset as required to fix the shots.

As a general rule, your sequence settings should match your clip settings. Do you have different codecs and frame sizes in the one sequence? If so what are your clips, sequence setting and intended final output?

Return to posts index

finbar taub
on Jul 22, 2011 at 4:15:16 am

thanks so much - i fixed the scaling - it had somehow jumped up - i put it back to 100. BUT - now the footage is not the right size in the canvas - there are those black bars on the sides. No, all frame sizes and codecs are the same - . Thanks in advance for your help -

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jul 22, 2011 at 11:28:06 pm

The bars means the distort settings are wrong if the codec and sequence settings match. Get one clip right, copy the clip and then select all clips and paste attributes> distort.

This will reset the correct distort values. Similarly you could have done the same trick to reset scale.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]