FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor continues to fail. Telecined super8mm avi. files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Atallah
Compressor continues to fail. Telecined super8mm avi. files
on Jul 21, 2011 at 10:01:34 pm

I have built a pretty large project on my FCP timeline. The files are all made from telecined super8mm avi files. APL+"0" confirms that the original codec for these files are Apple ProRes 422(HQ). Now here is my issue. When I send small chunks to compressor, 8 times out of 10 the compression goes well. Though now, I want to send the entire sequence to compressor, and, well, each time about half way through compressor kicks me a FAILED message. I have tried

1. Apple ProRes422(hq) - failed ( I did this to do an initial compression then send it over to DVD studio)
2. MPEG-2 best - Failed
3. Uncompressed-8 bit. (trying again).

Can anyone give me some tips. I've been setting Pixel Aspect to NTSC CCIR601/DV and basically doing nothing else in inspector to make other alterations.

Thanks.

Michael Atallah

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
Re: Compressor continues to fail. Telecined super8mm avi. files
on Jul 22, 2011 at 12:49:18 pm

Don't use the Send to Compressor function in FCP - it is often slow and unreliable. Instead, export your sequence using "Export QuickTime movie" (not QuickTime conversion), then bring the exported file into Compressor.

Return to posts index

Michael Atallah
on Jul 22, 2011 at 3:13:39 pm

Thank you, Alan.

I've been doing that since yesterday evening. So far it failed on me while exporting (export quick time movie) the WHOLE sequence, so I decided to break it up into parts and throw that back into a new timeline; ultimately sending it to compressor. Sound about right? The sequence is quite heavy so I'm assuming that could be the issue for not being able to successfully export it entirely.

So far it's working with smaller chunks. Albeit an extended time commitment, I just want to put this project to bed.

Michael Atallah

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jul 23, 2011 at 1:27:15 am

[Michael Atallah] "I have built a pretty large project on my FCP timeline. The files are all made from telecined super8mm avi files. APL+"0" confirms that the original codec for these files are Apple ProRes 422(HQ)"
What a heck means that?
What kind of stuff are you editing?
AVI?
Prores?
Which are your sequence setting?

rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]