FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7.0.3 Crashing when using FX Factory Pro Filters

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Clark-Lowes
FCP 7.0.3 Crashing when using FX Factory Pro Filters
on Jul 21, 2011 at 8:15:08 am

Firstly i would like to say a big thanks to APPLE NO CARE for their help. Another story, rant over.

I have FCP 7.0.3 using an early 2011 mac pro:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro5,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache (per processor): 12 MB
Memory: 14 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 5.86 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MP51.007F.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.39f11
SMC Version (processor tray): 1.39f11

Ok heres the problem, when applying filters to media in fcp, specifically noise industries fx factory pro 2.6, and neat video noise reduction, fcp frequently crashes and seems to enter a crash cycle, possibly implying that some media clips have been corrupted. Whenever i try to resume using this project file, either the project will crash upon startup, or when you try to alter the parameters of the filter, it will then crash. I commonly receive the same crash log: (if you send a contact email i can email the full crash report)

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000041253000
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Thread 0 Crashed: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 com.apple.CoreGraphics 0x90b7aa80 decode_data + 4432
1 com.apple.CoreGraphics 0x90b936b2 img_decode_read + 2901
2 com.apple.CoreGraphics 0x90b92a82 img_colormatch_read + 339
3 com.apple.CoreGraphics 0x90b928c0 img_alphamerge_read + 510
4 com.apple.CoreGraphics 0x90b70b4d img_data_lock + 9137
5 com.apple.CoreGraphics 0x90b6db4a CGSImageDataLock + 172
6 libRIP.A.dylib 0x917f7751 ripc_AcquireImage + 2446
7 libRIP.A.dylib 0x917f53c6 ripc_DrawImage + 1245
8 com.apple.CoreGraphics 0x90b6d7c4 CGContextDrawImage + 450
9 com.apple.AppKit 0x93dc6dcf __-[NSImageRep drawInRect:fromRect:operation:fraction:respectFlipped:hints:]_block_invoke_1 + 1871
10 com.apple.AppKit 0x93dc6455 -[NSImageRep drawInRect:fromRect:operation:fraction:respectFlipped:hints:] + 1180

I mainly use Canon 5d mk2 footage 1080i (PAL), however i do use some stock footage (usually @720), and use JPEGS and PNG's that are under 2k in size. The crash will usually happen on standard media clips, i.e. not usually when applying to jpegs etc, so i dont think it it a problem with mixed media however i am happy to be proven wrong.

Please help!! i have tried with apple only to be told to trash preferences and so on! any ideas or advice from the industry at large would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks
Nick Clark-Lowes
nick@opendoordigitalfilms.co.uk

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
Re: FCP 7.0.3 Crashing when using FX Factory Pro Filters
on Jul 21, 2011 at 12:19:06 pm

You need to convert all of your Canon footage to Prores (MPEG Streamclip is free and does an awesome job of batch convert) and your jpg's should be converted to .png with a dpi of 72 and frame size under 2k. Do that and all will be good. FCP 7 (and under) hates the stuff you're throwing at it!!!

Return to posts index

Nick Clark-Lowes
on Jul 26, 2011 at 9:40:10 am

Hi Tony, thanks for the response, i will give this a go and keep updated as to if this is the problem. I would say that i have had the same problem whilst working on a project containing only apple intermediate media files and jpegs and pngs, with the jpegs and pngs both being well under 2k in size. So im not quite sure if this is the root of the problem or not, so any other possible causes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Nick

Return to posts index

James Gay
on Oct 26, 2011 at 12:46:58 pm

Hi - I'm wondering if you resolved the fsfactory problem? I've had the exact same thing happen to me and wanted tosee if you had any luck before trying the mpeg conversion idea. I love the FXfactory and Boris BCC effects, and never had problems until I upgraded FCP and bought a new computer. What a drag!
James

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]