FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCS2 and Lion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drake Hale
FCS2 and Lion
on Jul 20, 2011 at 5:57:14 pm

I realize this has been asked before but with Lion's offical release today does anybody have any info on the functionality of Final Cut Studio 2 with Lion? The reason I'm so concerned is that my copy is from an education license from my college but I do no have access to the disks any longer. Any brave souls try this yet?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: FCS2 and Lion
on Jul 20, 2011 at 6:34:28 pm

[Drake Hale] "The reason I'm so concerned is that my copy is from an education license from my college but I do no have access to the disks any longer."

Getting a new OS is the least of your worries. You need to make a clone of your current System Drive RIGHT NOW. You're tempting fate as it is. Carbon Copy Cloner is your friend.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jul 21, 2011 at 12:17:18 am

Why would you bother?

Return to posts index

Bill Kelly
on Jul 21, 2011 at 2:49:11 am

I've read that FCS2 should run fine under Lion. The key is you have to have it installed BEFORE you upgrade. Apparently FCS uses some installer called Rosetta that won't work with Lion, but if FCS is already installed on the hard drive when you upgrade then there's no need to run the installation package with Rosetta.

I'm hoping this is true because I run FCS2 as well. I'm going to wait on Lion for a few months anyway til most of the bugs get worked out. By then we should know if FCS2 works with Lion or not.

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
on Jul 21, 2011 at 5:12:47 am

A popular gearhead expression, that seems to apply here:
"If it ain't broke, don't screw with it."

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Where were you on 6/21?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]