FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frame rate

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Choi
Frame rate
on Jul 20, 2011 at 9:58:33 am

I am working on a project with multiple video clips from youtube and they are all HD in 1280x720 or 1920x1080 mp4, when I look at them, they are in different frame rate and FCP starts to crash when i import multiple clips with different frame rates, then i was using compressor to compress them into ProRes422 (HQ) but the frame rates remain unchanged and FCP still crashes.

How do i solve this???

Return to posts index

Jay Fishback
Re: Frame rate
on Jul 20, 2011 at 4:13:34 pm

You could try going into compressor and create a setting where it changes the clips frame rates to a specific frame rate instead of a setting that keeps the same frame rate... Still seems like an add glitch.

to base off making your new settings...

Might help might not, but it's worth a try if you havent already

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
on Jul 20, 2011 at 4:41:45 pm

I've been using MPEG Streamclip for this kind of thing - do "Open URL..." (copy/paste from the Youtube page), then "Export to Quicktime", putting the required frame rate in as well as choosing Uncompressed 48k for the audio, size and codec, etc. That way what I get on my computer is clips that drop straight into FCP with no issues.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jul 21, 2011 at 12:24:08 am

[Andrew Rendell] " I've been using MPEG Streamclip for this kind of thing"

I experimented with MPEGStreamclip and JES deinterlacer to do a frame rate conversion. Both were quick and looked similar with JES being slightly better. Compressor, using frame controls did a slow but better job. If you do the frame rate conversion at the same time as the transcode to ProRes422, you should get the best result. HQ is overkill for H264 (mp4) source material.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved