FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi clip freezing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Deeney
Multi clip freezing
on Jul 19, 2011 at 5:06:23 pm

Hi can anyone help me with some advice on
multi clips in fcp? They keep freezing on me, probally as i'm using pro res clips which are too big. Is there a way of using proxy files to edit and then upscale? I have read the all the posts on Creative Cow that i can find, but none mention how to do it with multi clips, once i've pluralised my clips i'm making self contained files for each angle and then making a multi clip from they files.
Any help is much appreciated.

Martin

Return to posts index

Everest Mokaeff
Re: Multi clip freezing
on Jul 19, 2011 at 7:14:30 pm

Make sure you have multiclip playback checked. Take a look under RT/Safe Playback options. If you don't have external raid it's unrealistic to have more than 2 HD prores HQ streams played realtime.

Sony PMW-EX3, Canon Mark II 5D, FCS3 in Moscow
http://www.mokaeff.com

Return to posts index

Martin Deeney
on Jul 19, 2011 at 7:37:08 pm

Hi, thanks for answering, all those sort of things, settings etc are all fine, i'm using sata drives, the problem is how do i edit in proxy and then covert to pro res using the individual files that the multi clipis made up of?

Return to posts index

Everest Mokaeff
on Jul 19, 2011 at 8:23:09 pm

Create Proxy/LT ProRes from original media, same frame rate, same resolution. Compared to your final HQ clips proxy must differ only in terms of bitrate. Afterwards reconnect to original media - specific technique of how to do it is up to you. Check some tutorials on this site on tapeless workflow and proxy media management.

Sony PMW-EX3, Canon Mark II 5D, FCS3 in Moscow
http://www.mokaeff.com

Return to posts index

Martin Deeney
on Jul 19, 2011 at 9:06:07 pm

Thank you Everest, appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]