FORUMS: list search recent posts

Space

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angela Zumbrum
Space
on Jul 19, 2011 at 2:40:05 pm

I just finished viewing the Tapeless Workflow for FCP. Everything seemed to be working great...then I got a message that I had low space on Mac HD. I didn't want the footage to go there to begin with. I have all of my Capture Presets set to log into an external drive that has plenty of space. Is there another way to change the drive in the Log and Transfer window? I don't remember seeing that option in the tutorial. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Space
on Jul 19, 2011 at 4:48:51 pm

You set the Capture Scratch destination in the SYSTEM SETTINGS in FCP. That's the only place you set that option.

Are these files going to your system drive? Can you locate them?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Angela Zumbrum
on Jul 19, 2011 at 5:59:42 pm

Yes. The error message was listing my system drive. However, my capture presets are set to my external?? Strange. I searched my system drive and located all of the files. This is strange. Should I move them over? Or leave them as is?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 19, 2011 at 6:09:02 pm

I'd move them. And then bring them into FCP again.

I'd also trash preferences...soemthing is messed up. Use Preference Manager to do it for you. Free at digitialrebellion.com

Shane

Return to posts index

Angela Zumbrum
on Jul 19, 2011 at 7:45:29 pm

Ok. I will try that. Should I delete the clips that are in my logging Bin? Some of them transferred over. I assume you mean to just start fresh. In fact, I may just delete them all together and start the L&T all over again after trashing preferences.

My only concern is that I have multiple projects going on right now. If I trash my preferences will it mess up my current sequence settings in each project?? I really hard a hard time getting them right to begin with.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 19, 2011 at 7:51:24 pm

Why trash what you have imported? Why redo all that work? just copy them to another drive, and when that is done, remove them from the system drive. Then bring the ones on the new drive into FCP...or reconnect.

Trashing your preferences resets only SYSTEM SETTINGS and USER PREFERENCES, like how often the autosave happens, how many realtime audio tracks you have...all that stuff will have to be reset. And before you trash, save your keyboard layouts and window layout...so that you can recover those too.

Shane

Return to posts index

Angela Zumbrum
on Jul 19, 2011 at 11:39:29 pm

Thank you so much. This has been very helpful :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]