FORUMS: list search recent posts

speed

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Glenister
speed
on Jul 19, 2011 at 11:04:53 am

Hi,

This isn't really that big of a deal, but is fairly annoying. Has anyone else noticed that when you change the speed of a clip, FCP sometimes changes it to something different, sometimes very far from what you want. For example, I've just tried to speed up a clip to 3000%, but FCP has changed it to 2998.44%.

It just doesn't make sense to me. I could understand if it was trying to cut frames equally, but I'm editing at 25fps, and 2998.44 isn't exactly a multiple.

Does anyone know the reason for this?

Thanks
Mark

Return to posts index

Everest Mokaeff
Re: speed
on Jul 19, 2011 at 11:56:31 am

You think there'd be any noticeable change if instead 3000% you used 2998.44%?

Sony PMW-EX3, Canon Mark II 5D, FCS3 in Moscow
http://www.mokaeff.com

Return to posts index

Mark Glenister
on Jul 19, 2011 at 12:01:57 pm

not at all in that instance, but it's always good to understand things, and also sometimes like I say it lands very far from where you need it eg, if you wanted to speed up to 200%, but FCP will always change to 168% which I think is noticeable - especially if you a speeding up a series of clips and they are all being changed to different speeds.

Return to posts index

Everest Mokaeff
on Jul 19, 2011 at 12:35:35 pm

FCP has it's own limitations. You either work within them or go some other place. I never liked how fcp handled speed changes. Just keep in the back of you mind that software speed changes will never substitute for in-camera slow- or fast-motion. It's always a trade-off. Depending upon various factors you either have 200% change or something next to 168,897%, for instance.

Sony PMW-EX3, Canon Mark II 5D, FCS3 in Moscow
http://www.mokaeff.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]