FORUMS: list search recent posts

NTSC (29,97fps) to HD (25fps)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thallis von Holck
NTSC (29,97fps) to HD (25fps)
on Jul 18, 2011 at 11:28:45 am

Hi everybody

I've been searching a bit but could't really find what i needed. So here we go...

I have been called into a film project to solve some problems.
They have been shooting this film on XDCAM , and edited in the sequence settings :

HDTV 1080i , 25 fps , XDCAM EX 1080p25 (35 Mb/s VBR) compressor.

But for some reason , dont ask me why , one of the sequences are set to:

NTSC DV , 29,98 fps , DV/DVCPRO - NTSC compressor.

Now my job is to match this sequence up with the the other sequence settings. And that is not easy.
It is not possible to change frame rate in a already edited sequence, but copy pasting into another sequence with the right settings , just mess everything up.

Well - what i've done before is just to export the whole sequence into the right settings (25fps) and import again . But that is not the right solution and if changes and corrections should be made it is a long process to do it all over again.

Does any genius have a solution to fix it , wich is not just to copy past and the fix all out of sync and other problems that occur?

Thanks and hope for quick response.

Best Regards

- Thallis

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: NTSC (29,97fps) to HD (25fps)
on Jul 18, 2011 at 4:33:33 pm

Sorry, the only way to do this correctly is to make a sequence with the proper settings, copy and paste the footage into that sequence...REMOVE ATTRIBUTES - Basic Motion and Distort...and fix all the gaps that appear.

Yes, it is tedious, but that is the only way to do it right.

Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved