FORUMS: list search recent posts

enhancing motion in 25p footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gagnant loic
enhancing motion in 25p footage
on Jul 18, 2011 at 10:25:51 am

Hello,

I've a question wich for me is very important.

We're making a workflow for videos wich are shooted with different HD video camera.

In our workflows, the frame rate can be adapted.

The videos are for internet.

We are asking the cameraman to shoot in Progressive (25p, 29,97p, 30p).

DO SOMEONE KNOW if there is a possibililty to enhance the footage in motion.

We have some pano wich are in the scenario and we can't do without.

WHAT I SEARCH is a possibility to avoid, as much as possible, the "flickering" on the video.

I know some camera are better with this motion, like the F3 from sony, but we can't choose the camera.

Do you know a plugin or a technique to do this?

Many thanks

Loïc

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: enhancing motion in 25p footage
on Jul 18, 2011 at 4:37:53 pm

[gagnant loic] "We are asking the cameraman to shoot in Progressive (25p, 29,97p, 30p)."

Stupid idea. Downright stupid. Do not mix frame rates in projects...especially in FCP. It doesn't mix them well at all. Avid does...but you aren't using Avid.

[gagnant loic] "In our workflows, the frame rate can be adapted."

What does that mean?

[gagnant loic] "WHAT I SEARCH is a possibility to avoid, as much as possible, the "flickering" on the video."

Then don't shoot 23.98 or 25. Shoot 50p (if you are in PAL land) or 60p (if you are in NTSC land). Or 25i (interlaced PAL), or 29.97 (Interlaced NTSC). Oh, but this is for the web..then 30p, 50p or 60p...at 720p.

[gagnant loic] "I know some camera are better with this motion, like the F3 from sony, but we can't choose the camera."

What camera can you choose?

[gagnant loic] "Do you know a plugin or a technique to do this?"

Shoot what you want. If you want the film look...then 24p or 25p. If you want smooth video...smooth motion, then 30p, 50p, 60p.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

gagnant loic
Re: enhancing motion in 25p footage
on Jul 18, 2011 at 6:58:13 pm

Hello

My first questions wasn't good explain

perhaps my english is'nt good enouugh (i'm french)

[gagnant loic] "We are asking the cameraman to shoot in Progressive (25p, 29,97p, 30p)."

Stupid idea. Downright stupid. Do not mix frame rates in projects...especially in FCP. It doesn't mix them well at all. Avid does...but you aren't using Avid.

I KNOW THAT'S IT'S IMPOSSIBLE IN FCP 7 TO MIX FRAME RATE

PERSONNALY I USE AVID TO BUT THE SOCIETY FOR WICH I WORK IS IN FCP 7

IN FACT THEY RECEIVE FOOTAGE IN MANY FRAME RATE

FIRST WE HAVE THINKED TO CONVERT FOOTAGE FROM ALL FOOTAGE TO 25p

BUT FOR EACH PROJECT WE CAN CHOOSE A FRAME RATE, BECAUSE THE RESULT CAN BE EXPORT IN ONE FRAME RATE

[gagnant loic] "In our workflows, the frame rate can be adapted."

What does that mean?

AS I'VE SAID WEE CAN CHOOSE FOR ONE PROJECT, ONE FRAME RATE

[gagnant loic] "WHAT I SEARCH is a possibility to avoid, as much as possible, the "flickering" on the video."

Then don't shoot 23.98 or 25. Shoot 50p (if you are in PAL land) or 60p (if you are in NTSC land). Or 25i (interlaced PAL), or 29.97 (Interlaced NTSC). Oh, but this is for the web..then 30p, 50p or 60p...at 720p.

YES THE PROJECTS ARE FOR INTERNET

AND IN FACT IF WE COULD WORK WITH CAMERA WICH ONLY ARE 50p OR 60p IT WOULD BE GREAT

BUT IN FACT FOR THE WORKFLOW 50i or 60i IS THE WORST IDEA...?

SO...

[gagnant loic] "I know some camera are better with this motion, like the F3 from sony, but we can't choose the camera."

What camera can you choose?

THE SHOOTS ARE DONE WORLDWIDE, SO WE CAN CHOOSE, EX1, EX3, SONY NX5, NEXFS100, AG AF101 and some others
IT DEPENDS ON THE CAMERAMANS POSSIBILITY TO RENT

BUT IN FACT THE RESULT WITH INTERLACED FOOTAGE ISN'T GOOD AND WE HAVE TO CONVERT IT (IN PROGRESSIVE)

IN 50p or 60p THE NUMBER OF Mbits/sec MUST BE BIGGER TO HAVE A GOOD RESULT

I KNOW THAT 30p IS THE BETTER CHOICE...

[gagnant loic] "Do you know a plugin or a technique to do this?"

Shoot what you want. If you want the film look...then 24p or 25p. If you want smooth video...smooth motion, then 30p, 50p, 60p.

IN OUR SCENARIO THERE ARE PANO AND MY QUESTION IS TO FIND A SOLUTION TO ENHANCE THE LOOK OF OUR VIDEO WICH ARE FILM IN 24p or 25p FOR THE PANO:
MOTION BLUR FILTER OR BETTER THINGS THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN FIND BY GREAT PROFESSIONAL WICH USED THIS FORUM

MANY MANY THANKS FOR THE GREAT PRO WICH USED THIS FORUM AND WHO CAN HELP ME

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]