FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting FCP Project for further edit

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Birgit Bachler
Exporting FCP Project for further edit
on Jul 17, 2011 at 8:45:30 am

Hi all,
I am really stuck with one problem. I am going to travel but still need to finish some editing-jobs for work. All the footage is spread on a Mac at work, the project containing two timelines using various footage. I need to add more recently filmed material into the timeline but I am not sure how to export the project to my external HD that the timeline remains as it is and only the in the timeline used material will be copied onto the HD - the complete material stretches a few TB - the project is a trailer/mashup from all that material and only 2 minutes long.
The version on my laptop is Final Cut Pro 6, same at work.
I would really appreciate a helpful answer,

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Exporting FCP Project for further edit
on Jul 17, 2011 at 1:48:50 pm

If you need everything on that drive so you can move the project, simply select everything in the Browser and open the Media Manager. From there select Copy, Uncheck "delete unused media", create a new project file, and select that FW drive for the copies to go to... viola.

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog:

Current DVD:

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved