FORUMS: list search recent posts

image in canvas & viewer scrambled

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed Homer
image in canvas & viewer scrambled
on Jul 16, 2011 at 4:34:31 pm

Hi everyone,
FCS3, intel power mac. I have an intermitten problem. Just started happening few days ago. Sometimes when I open existing project FCP 7 the image in the viewer and the canvas is scrambled. In analog terms, it almost looks like someone unplugged the TBC. Very strange. Close program, re-open and it is okay...Trashed prefs problem showed up again.
Ed

Return to posts index

Tony Silanskas
Re: image in canvas & viewer scrambled
on Jul 18, 2011 at 12:56:15 am

Had an issue similar to that and it was a bad graphics card. If you have a spare grfx card you could try that one and see if the problem disappears. You could also make sure that the current grfx card is not lose in the box as that could cause problems, too.

Oh, and check and see if there are any driver updates for your grfx card.

tony

http://www.HungryCliff.com

Return to posts index

Ed Homer
on Jul 18, 2011 at 10:46:49 pm

Thanks..looks like it's time to upgrade anyway, it's a pretty old card. GE Force 7300. But I'm not sure that is problem. Again, only the video in the canvass and the viewer was scrambled, the rest of the screen was fine, 2nd monitor (with bins) was fine as well. Could a faulty card do that?
Cheers,
Ed
Took cover off checked/cleaned card.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jul 18, 2011 at 1:05:53 am

Did you update the OS to 10.6.8 by any chance recently? There have been reports that this update (which has nothing for FCS3 users and is for FCP X only) has upset some graphics cards and I/O cards like Kona.

If not and the update is offered, DON'T!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]