FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best Consumer LCD/LED for editing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Gaffney
Best Consumer LCD/LED for editing
on Jul 16, 2011 at 3:00:48 am

Let me start by apologising if this is a topic that has already been covered on CC. I searched the forum and couldn't find the info I'm looking for.

I'm currently running FCS2 on a Mac Pro and using a 40" HDTV for a monitor. I'm now looking to add 2 new LCD/LED monitors to my setup and maybe even remove the 40" all together.

Does anyone out there have any advice on what would be the best monitors I could get for around AUS $500 a piece?

I understand that if I want something to colour grade with then I will need to purchase a pro video monitor and that is something I hope to do down the track. I just don't have 3-6k to spend on a screen right now.

I should also explain that most of my work is for corporate training/web purposes, so although broadcast colour isn't really that much of an issue, I'd still like to get screens with the most accurate colour display I can find.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Will

Return to posts index

Brian Ford
Re: Best Consumer LCD/LED for editing
on Aug 30, 2011 at 4:05:16 pm

I too am looking for a good HDTV monitor solution to use with my Matrox MXO2 Max. I currently have a Panasonic 50" Viera Plasma. While its a great HDTV, I cannot seem to get the whites to calibrate correctly. Anyone have any suggestions on a brand and model that works well for a large client viewing monitor that can calibrate easily?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]