FORUMS: list search recent posts

FInal Cut Exporting Problem: Movement Bars

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Maloney
FInal Cut Exporting Problem: Movement Bars
on Jul 15, 2011 at 7:25:56 pm

So in Final Cut Pro the video looks great and ready to export. It's smooth and great quality (I shoot on an XHA1) but when I export, there are bars that form when there is quick movement. I've exported using H.264 but not only is the movie over 2GB (only 5 min long) but there are these bars that look like movement blur. Here's a quick video that if you pause during movement, you can see these bars:

It just ruins the smooth flow of HD

Thanks,
Ryan

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: FInal Cut Exporting Problem: Movement Bars
on Jul 15, 2011 at 8:25:24 pm

Oh, are you going to make us look at the whole blessed video to find the problem instead of giving us times where the problem is located?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Jul 15, 2011 at 9:27:47 pm

What is the final destination for this video? YouTube?

De-interlace HD video destined for the web (upper/odd field first). Leave video interlaced for TV.

Did you export to h.264 right out of FCP? I would export a "current settings" reference movie (command-E, uncheck "make self-contained"). Then bring it into Compressor. I can't say off the top of my head what Compressor setting is right for your specific video, but I think it's the way to go for highest quality.

The video looks great otherwise though! Some beautiful shots and scenery and the slow-mo at ~2:15 is pretty sick.

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Jul 15, 2011 at 9:36:09 pm

In other words, apply the de-interlace filter. Then do everything else that you did to get it on YouTube just the same.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]