FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 Keeps Crashing on Export!!!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Domenic Del Carmine
Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 Keeps Crashing on Export!!!
on Jul 12, 2011 at 6:02:15 pm

I really need to fix this issue, so any input would be awesome!

I've been working on a short film and just finished! It's 26min. long, HD footage that has been edited with Magic Bullet Looks and various effects within FCP 7.

The camera filmed with is an XH A1 at highest resolution at 30f.

I feel like I've done absolutely everything to fix it.

I've trashed preferences.

Trashed render files - and re-rendered everything.

I've sent the sequence to compressor...and that application crashed as well.

I've cleared caches and repaired disk permissions.

I've downloaded Digital Rebellion and ran a crash report which told me to do all these various things. Mainly it says there is a MPEG problem.

So I changed the settings to PRO RES and changed the color output to RBG - Re-Rendered all the footage and attempted to export...hitting around the middle of 20% - 30% Final Cut just Crashes.

I'm editing on a 13INCH, Aluminum Macbook, 150GB Memory with 2GB of RAM.

Is there any way to fix the issue? Is it the memory or RAM? I'm thinking my computer can't handle the 26min. HD output. Which I'm setting to the least - 1280-720p BEST. However, the project itself is 1440-1080.

It's a short film that I'm wishing to send to some festivals, I'd love the best quality for it. You can see the trailer below!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 Keeps Crashing on Export!!!
on Jul 12, 2011 at 6:21:54 pm

Use the MEDIA MANAGER to convert the HDV footage in the sequence to ProRes. Use the COPY option, and the DELETE UNUSED. This will make new footage, and only use what is in the sequence. Oh, use 1 second handles too. And have it make a new project.

Then try to export that. HDV is a handful. With lots of filters, it can be an overload.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]