FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating clips after capturing Final Cut 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Gerace
Creating clips after capturing Final Cut 7
on Jul 11, 2011 at 9:16:51 pm

I am using Final Cut Pro 7. I have imported all my media, all of which are .mov files, 3 of which are long due to being burned from DVDs.
What I would like to do is open the long .mov files in FCP, create "an in" and "out" point within in the slug window, then remove that clip within those in and out points into a bin, thus making it a clip of it's own.
Is there a way to do this?

I tried just dragging the media between the in and out points into the bin from the slug window but that did not work.

I will be starting a job next week a sizzle reel editor for a production company and obviously need to brush up on my skill which is why I just purchased a FCP book today, but I will not have it until mid-week, therefore I was hoping to get some help here.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Creating clips after capturing Final Cut 7
on Jul 11, 2011 at 9:42:23 pm

If you actually want to make a self contained clip from your master clip, you would set your in/out then export movie checking the self-contained box. Make sure you give it a specific name.

You can make subclips from the large files but I don't think this is what you are after.

Make sure your mov's are FCP friendly editing codecs (ProRes, DV-NTSC, etc.) If not, re rip those DVD's.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]