FORUMS: list search recent posts

formatting videos for YouTube

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elayne Lake
formatting videos for YouTube
on Jul 8, 2011 at 9:13:22 pm

Hello!

I shot footage on a Canon 7D and encoded it using Mpeg Streamclip to make the clips Apple Pro Res 422 LT. The clips are all 1920 x 1080. When I rendered out my final project and uploaded it to YouTube, it looks wide but not tall... How can I stretch out all the clips to make it fit the YouTube window?

Thank you for your help!!!

Return to posts index

Dustin Parsons
Re: formatting videos for YouTube
on Jul 8, 2011 at 10:46:36 pm

Do you have a link to the video on Youtube? What are the dimensions of the video you uploaded – 1920x1080? It could be you have a non-square pixel aspect ratio and Youtube doesn't know how to handle it.

Before uploading to Youtube I always transcode my media to H.264 with a frame size of 1920x1080 or 1280x720 with a pixel aspect ratio of 1:1 (square). I've never had any issues using these settings.

Return to posts index

Elayne Lake
Re: formatting videos for YouTube
on Jul 10, 2011 at 4:33:40 pm

Hi Dustin,

Thanks for your response!

Here's a link to my video:

The intro is fine because it's done in After Effects but after that, the problem of cutting off the top and bottom of the video begins...

I transcoded the footage to h.264... I guess the question then is, what settings should I have my final cut project at in order to make the HD 1280 x 720 files I shot on my Canon 7D and transcoded to Apple Pro Res 422 fit the full screen? And why does my project cut off the top and bottom of the video?

Thanks again for your help!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]