FORUMS: list search recent posts

error no memory

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Zabel
error no memory
on Jul 8, 2011 at 5:33:22 pm

Ever since I went from final cut 6 to 7, I've been having more and more crashes, but now I can barely work with all of these "error out of memory" every time I try to render anything. I'm using pro res captured footage, OS 10.6.8, a 2x3 Ghz Quad-core intel Xeon with 8 GB of memory, with a ATI Radeon HD 2600 graphics card. something is not processing things right and I can't figure out the problem. I've trashed preferences countless times, restarts galore, any thoughts would be appreciated since I'm now at a rendering stand still. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: error no memory
on Jul 8, 2011 at 9:20:35 pm

Search the forum for "memory". There are many causes for this error message. The other thing noted here recently was to avoid upgrading Snow Leopard beyond 10.6.7 as the latest upgrade is only about FCP X and some people have reported problems with it and graphics cards.

Also how you upgrade matters. Doing an OS and FCS3 upgrade over an old version is likely to be a problem. A clean install on a new drive or after cloning and wiping the old drive is recommended.

Return to posts index

Matthew Zabel
Re: error no memory
on Jul 11, 2011 at 3:16:33 pm

well, I do have 10.6.8, how do I go back, is that possible?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]