FORUMS: list search recent posts

Outputting to DVD- Title artifacts

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Siemer
Outputting to DVD- Title artifacts
on Jul 8, 2011 at 12:04:40 am

Hey there,
I have a project that I've been trying to output to DVD and when I play the DVD on a tv monitor, the titles are showing artifacts around them. (They are doing a slow 'push' forward) Just trying to find out the best way to compress the file for DVD. Here are the specs of the footage:

Sequence: 1920x1080 HDTV 1080i (16x9)
Pixel Aspect: Square
Field Dominance: Upper (odd)
Compressor: Apple Pro Res 422

I appreciate your help!

-Jason

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Outputting to DVD- Title artifacts
on Jul 8, 2011 at 12:18:06 am

The forum FAQ is a good place to start -

http://forums.creativecow.net/faq/applefinalcutpro

Return to posts index

Jason Siemer
on Jul 8, 2011 at 6:39:06 am

I appreciate your response, Michael. I went to the FAQ section and followed the exact instructions
for outputting to DVD. However, my titles are still jagged. The video itself looks great, but as mentioned, when the titles appear and push in, there are still jagged lines around them and they look kinda blurry. They look completely fine when I first export out of Final Cut using the "current settings" option, but when I take it into compressor, compress to "best quality 90 mins" then burn the DVD from DVD studio pro I'm still not getting that clear picture on the tv monitor.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again!

-Jason

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jul 8, 2011 at 9:34:46 pm

Titles with movement are a challenge for mpeg2 SD encoding. I see what you are talking about all the time on digital TV broadcasts. Converting down to SD from HD always looks like shite.

You may need to find a better mpeg2 software or hardware encoder to make an improvement over Compressor. It is a good general purpose tool, but if you are making a critical commercial DVD release, you may need to look at better encoders.

Return to posts index

Jason Siemer
on Jul 8, 2011 at 11:04:37 pm

Thanks Michael,
Someone actually just forwarded me a link for a free trial of "Bitvice". I'm going to try it out..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]