FORUMS: list search recent posts

When I open a new project my Favorite Effects are gone

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian Dillon
When I open a new project my Favorite Effects are gone
on Jul 6, 2011 at 8:28:04 pm

I'm kinda a newbie so I don't know if I am doing something wrong or there is something wrong with my system? When I open a new project my Favorite Effects are gone. Then I have to recreate all my alpha transitions. Shouldn't the Favorites follow me from one project to the next?

Thanks in advance!

Mac Pro 2x2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
8 GB Ram
Blackmagic Decklink Studio 2 Card

Playroom Creative
We are an Orange County Video Production and Marketing company.
http://www.PlayroomCreative.com

Return to posts index

Scott Davis
Re: When I open a new project my Favorite Effects are gone
on Jul 6, 2011 at 8:35:55 pm

Are they in the favorites folder? One way you can back up favorite effects is to create a new project, put a bin in it, then copy your favorite effects into that bin. When you need them, just open up the project.

Scott Davis
View Scott Davis's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Ron Craig
on Jul 6, 2011 at 9:00:44 pm

I think your preferences are corrupted. That happens from time-to-time and when it happens the preferences need to be trashed and renewed.

Do you have any software to save a copy of your "good" preferences? I use "Preference Manager" and there are others. You can use that to trash your corrupted preferences. Then a new set of default preferences will be automatically created the next time you open FCP. Then you can re-establish your favorites, window positions, etc. and then use Preferences Manager or an alternative to save a good copy of your preferences. The next time you face this problem, you'll be able to trash your corrupted preferences and re-establish your "clean" personal set -- including all your favorites -- very easily.

This can also be done manually but it takes a bit more time and effort. Do a search and there should be instructions somewhere here for how to do that.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jul 7, 2011 at 10:52:00 am

Your Favorites are tied to your Prefs. If the Prefs get corrupted or trashed, they will disappear. You need to move them to an actual project. Here's an FCP tip I did on this very problem.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]