FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 XDCAM Issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fraun Petri
Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 XDCAM Issues
on Jul 6, 2011 at 5:48:19 am

Having problems with Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 on a feature with XDCAM EX 1080p 24p.

Using Sony cinemon plug-in to work natively with .mp4 files and Matrox mini MX02 on 2.2ghz quad i7 17inch macbook pro with 8gb ram and 2nd external monitor via mini-display port.

Media is located on external drive connected by firewire 800.

Timeline is playing at high quality with various repositions, 3-way color correction and 2.35 .png matte on top layer.

Crash analyser presents multiple reasons for crashes. 5 today ranged from:

QuickTime
This crash was caused by QuickTime.
Possible causes include corrupt media, corrupt render files, an unsupported or unstable codec, an image resolution that is too large (this is particularly a problem with Motion as image sizes are limited by the maximum texture size of your graphics card), or a version of QuickTime that is incompatible with your version of Final Cut Studio.

Corrupt / Unsupported Media
This crash was caused by corrupt media or media that is unsupported by Final Cut Pro. A common cause of this crash is using media on your timeline that is unsuitable for editing such as AVI, WMV or MPEG-derived codecs (XDCAM, HDV, MPEG-2, H.264).

MPEG Media
This crash appears to have been caused by MPEG media (or MPEG-derived media such as XDCAM, HDV or H.264) in the timeline. MPEG-based media is not recommended for editing in Final Cut Pro.

Effects Rendering
This crash appears to have occurred while trying to render effects on a clip. Possible causes for this include corrupt or unsupported media, a bad filter, a graphics card issue or too many filters applied to a single clip.

All of these crashes also listed -
This crash log suggests that Final Cut Pro was overloaded at the time of the crash. This can occur if your project is overly complex, has multiple Motion project layers or is using MPEG-based media (HDV, H.264, MPEG-2, XDCAM, AVCHD), particularly if you are using filters with such media. Note that overloading is more likely to be the cause of the crash than the reason below.

I feel like this is coming from the XDCAM media and want to know if there is anyone who has dealt with a similar problem and found a cause or workaround.

If any additional information is needed, please let me know and I'll provide any information I can.

-Fraunpetri

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
Re: Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 XDCAM Issues
on Jul 6, 2011 at 5:53:18 pm

I'm just finishing up cutting a doc with XDCAM HD 1080p 24p footage as well as a smattering of EX. I'm just using the "sort of" capability of FCP to work with XDCAM video natively. I had actually never heard of the Sony cinemon plug-in. A few things seem to cause crashes. Too many thumbnails in a bin. Mixed codecs in the timeline. Too many sequences open at one time. I needed to include some AE photo moves rendered in ProRes 4444 in the sequences. My crashes seem happen when rolling through the sections of the timeline where I have have a mix of ProRes, XDCAM EX and XDCAM HD codecs. I have the sequence codec set to XDCAMHD but the render pref set to ProRes. I have found that forcing the render of the sections that have the mix of codecs greatly reduces any crashes. I've also tried to reduce thumbnail usage although that is a real p.i.t.a.

Lee

SAMDOG Digital Post
Calgary, Alberta
Mac Pro 2.66 12-core 16gb ram • FSI LM1760W Monitor • Matrox MX02 • Caldigit HD One 8tb Raid • Euphonix MC Transport • Final Cut Studio 3 • Premiere Pro CS5

• Living my life one frame at a time •

Return to posts index

Victor Toledo
Re: Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 XDCAM Issues
on Jun 8, 2012 at 9:16:00 pm

I'm currently using a bunch of mix media, FCP 7.0.3 crashes -but since the last crash_FCP application has not been able to boot...I've trashed the Preferences and render files_what next?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]