FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting H264 is cutting image off

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Smith
Exporting H264 is cutting image off
on Jul 5, 2011 at 4:44:32 pm

Hello All,

No one answered in "compression settings" so I decided to try here.

I've got a very basic project I am working on for a client. Its a software tutorial. They provide the After Effects file for the intro and outro title sequence in 1920x1080. All I do is open up the After Effects Project file and change the title name to the correct tutorial name for each video and then export out of After Effects as 1920x1080 Quicktime movie for the intro and Outro.

They also provide quicktime files for the actual screen capture of the tutorial. These are in 1280x720 and are coming from PC. I throw everything down on the FCP timeline, I scale down the After Effects intro and Outro to the 1280X720 and "Send to" Compressor using H264.

The problem is that the screen capture of the tutorial is getting cut off by the same amount no matter what I change the sequence settings in FCP to, or any of the Export settings in Compressor. I have tried to change the sequence settings several ways in FCP, (one of them sequence settings you see below) and scaling everything to the proper size before sending to Compressor. I have never seen this problem before. It doesn't make any sense because the After Effects intro and outro files are fine in the H264 export. Even the preview window in Compressor shows a perfectly fine preview no matter how I change the sequence settings in FCP.

I have kept pixel aspect ratio square because this is going out to Youtube.

I am totally stuck here.

(UPDATE: Exporting "Quick Time Conversion" straight from FCP works with H264 1280x720 HD, why isn't Compressor able to accomplish the same?)

One of the FCP sequence settings are:
960x720
Aspect Ratio HD 960x720 (16:9)
Pixel Aspect: square pixel Anamorphic 16:9 (checked)

MAC OS X
Version 10.5.8
2x3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
FCP 7

Adam Smith

Return to posts index

Tony Silanskas
Re: Exporting H264 is cutting image off
on Jul 5, 2011 at 11:00:12 pm

You don't mention how much it's getting cut off by. Is the "Clean aperture information" checked in your Compressor h.264 setting? If so, some of your picture will get cut off. Read up on that setting and you'll understand why.

tony

http://www.HungryCliff.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]