FORUMS: list search recent posts

editing mini DV PAL and aspect ratio problems with jpeg & mp4 import files in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nuala McGrath
editing mini DV PAL and aspect ratio problems with jpeg & mp4 import files in FCP
on Jul 3, 2011 at 4:31:50 pm

Hi, I am using final cut pro v7 and am editing mini DV PAL and I want to place jpeg files and other video clips (.mp4) and can’t get the aspect ratio to fit properly. We have changed the format under the item properties but that it continues to get stretched. Please help!

Return to posts index

Gerald Bouget
Re: editing mini DV PAL and aspect ratio problems with jpeg & mp4 import files in FCP
on Jul 3, 2011 at 5:54:21 pm

Have you changed sequence settings after having imported mp4 and jpeg into the timeline?.
Moreover jpeg and mp4 format are not good format for editing in FCP7.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: editing mini DV PAL and aspect ratio problems with jpeg & mp4 import files in FCP
on Jul 4, 2011 at 1:00:09 am

You need to transcode the MP4's to DV PAL first... Compressor will do it.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Nuala McGrath
on Jul 5, 2011 at 9:41:22 am

Thanks to you both. No, I did not change sequence settings at all. I changed the MP4s to DV pal on compressor but still the aspect ratio got squashed on my DV pal sequence. I read on another site that a DV Pal sequence (which is what mine currently is) is inflexible with aspect ratios of other media, is this the reason why I am not having much luck here? Trouble is when I tried to change the sequence settings, the bulk of the footage I am editing lost it's own aspect ratio. Beginning to think I am stuck with squished images and movie clips... Help anyone?"

Return to posts index

Gerald Bouget
on Jul 5, 2011 at 10:28:37 am

Which are exactly your DV Pal sequence settings?

Return to posts index

Nuala McGrath
on Jul 7, 2011 at 8:20:25 am

Hi, the DV pal sequence settings are: Pixel Aspect - PAL CCIR 601; Frame rate: 720x576; Field dominance: Lower (even); Compressor: DV PAL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]