FORUMS: list search recent posts

Save Final Cut Pro 7 & its Features - Sign Petition Today

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregory Bradley
Save Final Cut Pro 7 & its Features - Sign Petition Today
on Jul 3, 2011 at 7:54:32 am

Hey all - After listening to Richard's Podcast about FCP X and the unfortunate inability to incorporate it into his existing company set-up, I thought, why not start a petition to see how much we can show Apple the need to keep and enhance Final Cut Pro 7.

Why not encourage Apple to promote FCP X as iMovie pro, and keep, enhance, develop and re-release a future version of the current Final Cut pro 7.

I know, it far fetched .... but what would it hurt?

Sign the petition and let's yell a little:

http://www.change.org/petitions/apple-please-save-final-cut-pro-7-and-enhan...

Thnx All

You cannot bring about a solution at the same level the problem was created, so elevate your thinking and you'll receive your answer.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Save Final Cut Pro 7 & its Features - Sign Petition Today
on Jul 4, 2011 at 12:49:20 am

Nice sentiment Gregory, but FCP needed a rewrite from the ground up so further developments of a 32 bit application seems to be a waste of time and I would think Apple is never going to agreed to that. The end of line decision was made years ago. Better to vote with your pocket and not buy FCP X. Apple may be listening to the market that refuses to pay them or buy a competitors product.

If Apple are interested in pros, then they just need to re instate features that pros want into FCP X. The reason the horses are bolting is that experienced people who have been Apple watchers for a long time have lost confidence in Apple thinking the pro market is worth servicing. A petition can't hurt perhaps, but I have to have a level of surety, rather than wish and hope. I am sure Richard & Walter are thinking that way as well.

Return to posts index

Gregory Bradley
on Jul 4, 2011 at 11:38:47 pm

Hey, thanks for the reply, but you know FCP editors have made major investments not to mention what companies have paid out of pocket for and then there's money, time and brain-cells trying to figure out to elevate FCP to another level of use all because Apple has basically sat on the asses for 4 years and did nothing accept make an entire pro editing community believe that something great was coming ... I think that would be called a reward for sticking with them, but instead we have to be the jilted lover who gets their front teeth kicked out and decides to stay with the abuser because thats the only definition of love they know.

Sorry to be so jilted- your reply actually made me think and in hindsight it was stupid to expect Apple to respond with any sense of loyalty ... thinking back, I have to ask - WHEN has Apple ever did anything that the community really wanted them to do ... WHEN????

So, last night I purchase the Adobe Master Suite CS5 - which comes with Premiere. I'd rather spend my time working with professional software and a company that seems to want to invest in the future of editing instead of a company that takes your money, strings you along and then dumps you.

Looking back, Adobe always gave its customers a heads up as to what was coming and gave them a sense of what to expect. That's how you treat your professional community. NOT this lurid secrecy and unsureness all in the name of building your company mystique and brand.

Final Cut Pro X is a waist of time on so many levels for pro editors, I'd rather spend that time building a solid knowledge base of a product that openly says "we see the future" with pro-editors in mind.

ok, enough ranting ..... I've got some boning up to do with Premiere.

All the best

P.S. The way I see it, Apple, based on what it did to FCP, will probably give editors two years and then they'll kill the software - - gone, done, forget ya!!!

You cannot bring about a solution at the same level the problem was created, so elevate your thinking and you'll receive your answer.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jul 5, 2011 at 4:21:09 am

I am not far behind you on the CS5 move. I will run FCS3 for a while longer.

There is a nice article that Helmut Kolbler has written that you might like to read

http://library.creativecow.net/kobler_helmut/FCP-vs-Premiere-Pro/1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]