FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sync from Pro Res to DVNTSC

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ted irving
Sync from Pro Res to DVNTSC
on Jul 1, 2011 at 12:47:36 pm

I'm editing Apple Pro Rel LT footage, 1920 x 1080, 24fps, and exporting to Apple Pro Res LT. From there I'm using MPEG Streamclip to export to DVNTSC 29.97 720x480/16:9 and the lip sync is always off. Is there a way to avoid this? My compressor is giving me errors which is why I've used MPEG Streamclip. I don't have time to trouble shoot since I"m on deadline. I'm using this workflow because 29.97 DVNTSC 16:9 will play from my FCP timeline to my Sony A1U HDV camera. The TV station won't take the shows on any other type of media. And HDV is a difficult format to work with and the frame rate has to be exact. I tried DVNTSC 24fps and it would not play out to tape.

Ted Irving
Content Freelancer
Media Instructor

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Sync from Pro Res to DVNTSC
on Jul 2, 2011 at 12:36:25 pm

Try exporting using FCP directly. file/export/using QT conversion...

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog:

Current DVD:

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved