FORUMS: list search recent posts

QuickTime FCP refernce files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Simms
QuickTime FCP refernce files
on Jul 1, 2011 at 4:51:09 am

When using the fcp file > export > to quicktime movie, I get a qt file that is referenced to fcp and will often not open on other computers, is their anyway to change this in the export settings? I can't even get mpeg stream clip to read and convert these files!

Thanks

Return to posts index

Alexander Kallas
Re: QuickTime FCP refernce files
on Jul 1, 2011 at 5:06:11 am

You need a self-contained QT file, current settings, do not re-compress all frames. (uncheck)

Cheers
Alexander

Return to posts index

Sean Simms
on Jul 2, 2011 at 2:34:06 am

That's exactly what I did...but it hasn't worked

Return to posts index

David Johnson
on Jul 2, 2011 at 3:15:11 am

A QT reference file is just a pointer that references other files on the computer it was generated on so there is no way to get a reference file to play on a separate computer that does not have the files it points to ... you need a self-contained file to play on other computers.

In other words, in your statement "a qt file that is referenced to fcp and will often not open on other computers", the words "often not" should be "never".

Return to posts index

Sean Simms
on Jul 2, 2011 at 4:08:26 am

They are all self-contained files....my mistake in wordage.....I just dont know how to describe it...but those self-contained files always have the qt symbol combined with the fcp symbol in their icon.....so I thought that meant they were a reference file.....

Thanks,

Eros Salvatore (another victim of creative cow's "real name" policy")

Return to posts index

David Johnson
on Jul 2, 2011 at 11:19:26 am

If they're self-contained files and won't play at all on another computer, that means they're either in a codec that computer doesn't have or that computer doesn't have QT installed ... if the former, you'll need to transcode the files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]