FORUMS: list search recent posts

smooth cam filter going haywire after export

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler Hill
smooth cam filter going haywire after export
on Jun 30, 2011 at 5:04:58 pm

Hey guys, new to the forum and looking for some help. I produce a hunting tv show and my first episode aired last night. I was horrified to see that almost all of the clips i used the smooth cam filter on where out of control glitchy. This is the first time I have ever ran into this problem, everything looked great when it was rendered but for some reason the exporting process made it go nuts. I shot with a PMW-EX1R, and the TV station exports at Apple ProRes 422(HQ)1920x1080 60i 48kHz. I am a self taught editor (which translates to knowing jack about the technical side) so any help would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone knows of a good steady cam filter that would be great. Tripods and steady cams are pretty much out of the question for were we film.

Return to posts index

Rob Grauert
Re: smooth cam filter going haywire after export
on Jun 30, 2011 at 6:17:53 pm

When using smooth cam, don't just throw it on the clip in your timeline all willy-nilly. For the best results...usually...export that portion of the clip you are using in your timeline as it's own self-contained quicktime (with one or two second handles). Then bring THAT back into FCP and apply the smooth cam filter.

Rob Grauert, Jr.
http://www.robgrauert.com
command-r.tumblr.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]