FORUMS: list search recent posts

Retiming workflow (Optical) maintaining enough for transitions? Motion or Compressor etc

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Asa Fox
Retiming workflow (Optical) maintaining enough for transitions? Motion or Compressor etc
on Jun 29, 2011 at 12:00:45 pm

I have footage with no handles perfectly sized for my edits (coming out of Color, but same as a media managed project etc). They are to the frame perfect including the slow motion effects I put on them. I want this slow motion processed with optical flow. I was told compressor's frame controls "best" setting would do optical flow like motion, though it seems to just be frame blending and duplicating frames.

When I use motion it seems to count the in and out points as being the middle of the transition so there's not enough room to actually make the fade. It pops one end out of the dissolve!

Not to mention the fact that I don't really want to do each clip, render it out, etc one at a time (which is why I tried to do a batch compressor export).

Anyway Does anyone have a way of making sure the start frame and end frame are perfectly correct in a time remap round trip? I've done a lot of digging and I can't find this issue covered anywhere.

If I really had to, maybe an easy way to measure the total number of frames in the timeline, then use that number of frames in motion as the output duration? Ugh!! It seems like there would be a sensible way to just use optical flow instead of frame blending, but it doesn't seem to work out.

FCP 7.03
Motion 4.0.3

OSX 10.6
CS5

Return to posts index

Asa Fox
Bake and replace workflow anyone?
on Jun 30, 2011 at 12:09:22 am

Compressor actually is outputting the same thing as motion it seems, however it seems that everything is one frame short when rendered with compressor.(possibly a flaw of natress G gilm dissolve transition?)

that aside, can someone direct me to a detailed explanation of how to bake and replace footage while maintaining handles?

If I drag the clips on my sequence to a new bin then batch export it all with compressor to bake, I would like to replace what's in the timeline with those speed baked clips. But since the ones on the timeline are speed adjusted it's all different lengths etc. Maybe this can be done by aligning timecode from the sequence on the baked clips so I can keep handles without going crazy re-syncing audio?

I know someone out there must have solved the bake and replace workflow, but I can't seem to find anything useful!

OSX 10.6
CS5

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]