FORUMS: list search recent posts

Good ideas for newspaper headlines..

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zeke meginsky
Good ideas for newspaper headlines..
on Jun 28, 2011 at 1:42:31 pm

I have a lot of images of newspaper headlines that are one right after another in the project, with narrative going over them, some with pictures, most without. I know, boring right?

Any interesting ideas or approaches other than zooming and panning on them?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Good ideas for newspaper headlines..
on Jun 28, 2011 at 2:19:51 pm

uncurling torn "strips" of them across the screen... Or how about a comp where you have all of them on a table and do a virtual camera move across them?

Return to posts index

zeke meginsky
on Jun 28, 2011 at 2:42:48 pm

I don't know how to do either of those, hmm...

I'm assuming you were thinking of After Effects for the table "comp"..

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
on Jun 28, 2011 at 3:29:13 pm

[zeke meginsky] "I'm assuming you were thinking of After Effects for the table "comp".."

You could do it pretty easily in Motion as well. You could build a simple 3D comp and animate a camera move over the "table."

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jun 28, 2011 at 3:59:16 pm

If you prefer "in camera" effects, set up a camera looking downward onto a nicely lit table top or similar. Physically drop or toss strips of headline past the lens to land in a heap, each new one randomly obscures the previous one. If I did it like this, I would glue a copy to both sides of a thin strip of posterboard, to give it some heft, and make it readable regardless of which side ends up on top. You'd only have to re-do a specific dropped segment if it landed upside- down, Then it is simple cuts-only stop-motion type editing to assemble it.

Another idea, more drawn-out: you crate a morning breakfast table close-up photography tableau: breakfast, glass of OJ or coffee, napkin, silverware, the morning paper next tot he breakfast plate, folded to show the headline you want. Then it is a series of breakfasts, plates of eggs, bowls of cereal, whatever, the OJ or coffee remains the same, just slightly shifted each take, the thing that's changing is the visible part of the paper and headline.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]