FORUMS: list search recent posts

When I import footage, I'm finding the clips are panned all the way to -1. Why?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
When I import footage, I'm finding the clips are panned all the way to -1. Why?
on Jun 27, 2011 at 5:30:41 pm

When I import footage and I open the files, I'm finding that the audio is panned all the way to -1. This is annoying when it's stereo audio and i'm mic'ing two different people. Do I have some setting wrong? Why do I have this problem?

Return to posts index

James Bayliss-Smith
Re: When I import footage, I'm finding the clips are panned all the way to -1. Why?
on Jun 28, 2011 at 2:31:01 am

What camera, what format etc...

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: When I import footage, I'm finding the clips are panned all the way to -1. Why?
on Jun 28, 2011 at 2:48:35 am

When you capture audio as stereo, you get a linked 2 channel file with ch 1 panned to left and 2 panned to right.

Change your capture setting to mono audio and the tracks will be panned center. The fix for your existing material is to select, unlink, Modify> Audio> pan center.

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
on Jun 28, 2011 at 5:55:10 am

On my capture settings for Log and Transfer with an AVCHD card, I want to say I can only do regular stereo and matrix stereo. Mono is not an option. I've never seen it as one before. Am i wrong?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jun 28, 2011 at 7:12:17 am

Log & Transfer may be limited. Log & Capture gave you that option.

So just do the unlink & pan trick. You can relink afterwards if you want.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]