FORUMS: list search recent posts

16:9 to 4:3 export

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graham Dickinson
16:9 to 4:3 export
on Jun 24, 2011 at 3:18:32 pm

I have a :30 that needs to be sent to one station in HD and another in SD. The spot was shot on HDV and is edited in 16:9. I need to know if there is a setting that will allow me to export the spot in 4:3 letterbox. I tried to copy the timeline and paste into a 4:3 set sequence, but some clips are magnified (zoomed in) while other clips in the same timeline were handled just fine and automatically put in 4:3 LB, so that option isn't working for me. Is there an export setting that will 4:3 LB this for me??

Return to posts index

Tony Silanskas
Re: 16:9 to 4:3 export
on Jun 24, 2011 at 10:14:36 pm

If all you need is 4:3 letterbox than you can use Compressor. Just export the MASTER, bring it into Compressor, add whatever SD preset you want,and make sure Preserve aspect ratio is set in the Geometry Tab of the preset.

I would personally turn of Frame controls, too, and make sure the Resize Filter is set to best for the cleanest scaling.

Now if you're going from a progressive HD file to an interlaced SD file you also have to add pull-down and do the rate conversion in Compressor. The preset should get you started and the manual should explain those other settings in much better detail than I can right now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved