FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting Multi-Channel Audio without disturbing the levels

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Praveen Kumar
Exporting Multi-Channel Audio without disturbing the levels
on Jun 24, 2011 at 7:22:15 am

Hi,

I want to export an XD Cam 1080p 25 sequence with multi-channel output as an mov or as an mxf. my audio settings are 48 kHz, 16-bit, discrete channels.

the client wants the mixed down tracks in layer 1 and 2 and the unmixed ones in the layers below. now, how can i export all this audio information without letting the audio blast?

Praveen Kumar
Bombay, India.

Return to posts index

Tony Silanskas
Re: Exporting Multi-Channel Audio without disturbing the levels
on Jun 24, 2011 at 8:23:29 am

First, make sure your original tracks are at 0db so you aren't adding any unnecessary gain or noise to those files.

Then open up your sequence settings (command + 0) and go to the audio output tab. From there you can set how many outputs you want and if you want them stereo or dual mono.

Then go back to your timeline, right click the green enable audio button all the way to the left of each audio track and set each track to the output you want.

Then when you export your movie with current settings it will export out a multi-channel quicktime with each audio track assigned to the outputs you want. You can bring it back into to FCP to make sure it has all the audio.

And if the client can open an OMF you can export an OMF which will keep all your settings for your mix (if you want you can turn that off) and the file is ready to be opened in ProTools and such for further mixing if necessary.

tony

http://www.HungryCliff.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]